Sunday, November 17, 2013

Ambush

Stumble Twitter Digg This
And just like that my two little Ninja's ambushed me with their seventh and fifth birthdays! I felt like I should take a moment to reflect on these amazing creatures but I am having trouble doing that as I browse through their party photos and we all look like this:


and perhaps that is reflection enough - these little dudes inspire us to have fun all the time and their parties are the perfect culmination of everything they bring to our lives : Creativity, Work (!), Laughter, Fun, Rowdiness, Friendship, and a happy, fulfilled Fatigue!



I love to celebrate the kids birthdays. If I could make everyday as special as their birthdays, I would. Their birthdays are the one day where I can try to amaze and shower them with all the best life has to offer. 
Tingu at 6 months & six years
Hunie at 4 years and then at 4 months. He may have arrived with more sense!! hahah just joking!!

From making the cake, to exacting, enormous specifications ...


...to unveiling the setup, which usually requires a one week ban from the basement (or 'HQ' as referred to by the Ninjas).

I like to labor over their birthdays. The years when I outsource it, I feel vaguely unsatisfied. 

I want them to know that effort expended for something you desire to do is not work. It is enjoyable. 






We relish all of it but especially the looks of surprise and amazement on their faces during the unveiling!

 


The parties are always fun and usually more than a little rambunctious...they really look the Ninja training center to heart!


We had got the boys a zipine for their birthday and while I have no pictures, I can say it was enjoyed by all, even those who took a bloody nose whack like a man! : )  

Inaugural night run! It is high!!
Once the party starts, I usually end my stint as a photographer thus the full extent of the Ninja madness is left only as a vague memory. I must do this consciously otherwise I would probably rethink the madness for future years!



Snow white disarms the cutest pirate as the party winds down...


Well, I suppose it never really winds down, as a motley crew remained through the night!


I was greeted by the four musketeers and their array of bows, arrows, swords and daggers in the morning.  

                                                        Happy Birthday Tingu & Hunie!! 

                          Please only grow that mustache in honor of Movember....

 A few pics of the REAL day celebrations!
Hunie gives his bro a birthday-fuzzy-tickle! These mini-celebrations appease my precision driven Tingu as there is nothing like celebrating on his birthday!
  
Add caption


No comments: