|
|
|
|
|
This was the Tings last year at his Graduation from Pre-K to full-on Kindergarden. I am the consumer all marketers dream of ; The only thing that stopped me from launching a grand Graduation party complete with photo-screened cake of the Tingu was, well, I ran out of time, or I suppose more accurately, in some deep-down place I prioritized other things above his Graduation, because c’mon it was just pre-K but believe me, I feel the guilt. In Hunie-speak,” That’s so Yame!” (Hunster’s a little challenged with L’s these days: “Where’s da Yemen (lemon)?” and refuses to be tricked into uttering the words “yellow Lamborghini”).
This year Tingu got sick days before Kindergarten Graduation so we, I, missed the much anticipated hoop-la at school but he donned his robe and alternated between practicing kung-fu moves and channeling his inner Harry Potter.
We watched his class video at home and read his journal that he had kept for the year. As expected, it was full of scenes of the African savannah and Peregrine Falcons.
This has been the latest obsession – an animal faster than the cheetah. As a devoted mother, I would like to share, I am actually in contact with a ‘Falcon Blogger’ inquiring how to attract and build a Peregrine Falcon nest. Anyone else pursuing similar paths? Tingu found the blogger in the reference section of his library book.
![]() |
Hunie, has also graduated, though more in the self-proclaimed honorary degree type of way.
| Actual school photo - I think I had the same expression as Hunie does here when I saw this photo. |
Similarly, he hurls threats like, “ I am going to baby on you”. I have never have quite experienced what exactly “babying on you” entails, but I do feel lucky for avoiding it.
Huns also considers Tingu’s friends, his best friends and was absolutely beside himself when they came to play with T, only to find him sick and in bed, and so they took Hunie –alone – to play with the six year olds. Heaven.
Hunie also adopts, confiscates, mimics all things Tingu. What Tingu likes, Hunie, within reasonable Hunie-limits, likes.
For example, Tings obsession with snakes and desire to cure his Nani of her fear of them has fostered Huns carrying ‘Snakey, the snake’ around. Nani, much to the boys' dismay, is still not 'cured' of her snake-o-phobia.
Tingu has ‘Speedy’ the pet leopard who looks like a cheetah. Hunie confiscated this leopard that looks like a cheetah from one of Tingu's best friend’s homes and named him ‘Speeda’, the Italian big brother of Speedy. Sometimes he is the mother, but usually the brother and always Italian.
We have also been able to graduate to full-fledged bike rides around the neighborhood.

The only time I have seen Hunie a little scared was at the Dentist.
| Asking his big bro to hold his hand. |

![]() |
| He has taken to striking this pose of smoking a pipe in the convertible, I can only imagine what passer-byer's must think.... |





1 comment:
Woo hoo! Finally!
more more more
Post a Comment