It has been raining – a lot. Scientists at Georgia Tech have provided a riveting account of how the Northern Hemisphere summer monsoon intensified by mega-El Niño impacts southern oscillations and Atlantic multidecadal oscillations. I honestly can’t admit to reading through enough of the article to describe multidecadal oscillations however what I did gather was that after much research, the scientists have found it challenging to explain why it is raining so much. Nonetheless, while we lament the cooler weather, I have taken to my Indian-roots and taken much pleasure in playing in the rain.
 |
Infinity pool upgrade compliments of the rains also provide infinity puddles...my children have taken to Indian street-style!
|
With my new Wellies, frizzy hot-tub hair, borrowed from my six-year-old-yellow-rain-hat and Mother's Day jewel-toned flower necklace, I can confidently (and somewhat sadly) say I am a far cry from the sari-clad heroines of the Motherland. |
 |
| Life is good! |
Luckily Hunie was too distracted when taking a picture of my puddle jumping and only captured a bit of my shoulder. Also lucky is the fact that the new house is fairly private so I can run around with relative abandon which certainly encourages a lot more spontaneity and accommodates my unflattering get-ups!
The boys have certainly taken to complete abandonment :
 |
For the record, there is a bathroom right behind that door, right there....
Last night was one of the stormiest nights I have ever witnessed. I was sent alerts in the middle of the night for flash-flood warnings and the landscaping took a real hit but boy, did that rain make my boys happy! Our little part-time creek was a raging river...
|
 |
Yo! Check out this creek, hommies!
|
|
| We spent the day exploring the yard, jumping in puddles and making faces. Yup, that about sums it up. |
 |
| Hunie caught Mom & Dad's attention and they were both making crazy (or normal - whatever your preference) faces |
|
|
Huns finds out that riding bikes in the rain is slippery business ; The yellow-Bono-ish glasses only add to the challenge!
Surprisingly out of character, Hunie remains very averse to dirtiness so after racing through puddles and the subsequent mud-splatter messiness acquired from the puddles, he slowed down to a gentle glide through the puddle and then decided even that was too much - he wanted to change and shower.

So after a little break, happily the allure of the outdoors again pulled the boys away from their ipad obsession (breeding dragon eggs) and this time Tings got in on the action:
|
 |
He was so channeling his inner-Attenborough
|
|
 |
| Hunie's engineering at work. Lego-man went down the raging river and thankfully beached himself on a rock. |
As soon as Tings got a taste of what the yard had to offer, he knew he had to make it down to the 'big creek'! He was beside himself slipping through the mud and running through the wild island. If no one else had been around, I would have completely been back there with him!
 |
| Tings having the time of his life slipping through the back woods. The usual underbrush was buried under the piles of thick mud. Huns using unusually prudent judgement observes from the sidelines. |
 |
| Post exploration hose-down! Check out his shoes and the half-a-mile trek of mud!! He was quite surprised to find out warm bath water doesn't spew from the garden hose... |
The godfather shows this puddle whose boss....
Mega-jumping in the mega el-nino puddles!
Seems like a fitting start to the last week of school and a completely care-free summer!
2 comments:
Love it - so green! Can't wait to be there w the little nuts!
I know! You'll have a blast!!
Post a Comment