Friday, August 24, 2012

Instant Fall

Stumble Twitter Digg This
It was a hot summer - one that was busy but felt enjoyably never-ending  - and now, it is instantly fall. I think I will have this same feeling of the never-ending ending when the kids complete college. I just want to hold on to things the way they are right now just a little longer.

First fall colored tree from my office window.
Tingu's first day of first grade was here before I knew it. I had checked out new schools but didn't quite get around to actually enrolling him anywhere new so he is at the same school with the same 8 kids in his class. Academics aside, he was most excited about his spiderman watch.

First day of First Grade
As soon as I come home from work and rested on the sofa for literally 5 minutes, the Tings stood above me and informed me that it was 5:57pm and in exactly 3 minutes I needed to be productive. Seriously. Then he launched into a minute by minute countdown.

I am looking to forward to fall and some of the changes coming our way but here's to one more last, languid look at our hot, hot, hot summer.
Ice cream madness - we couldn't get enough this summer! An inspired Hunie caught this one in the clouds out the kitchen window!

Many an afternoon was spent on our the third and best hamock so far -





Despite the serene photos, any thoughts of rest were usually out of the question as 90% of the time, the hammock was a "mighty ship battling monster waves" and Hunie's loud monster truck was positioned to crash upon us at any second

More evidence that time passed oh-so-quickly this summer -  not-so-little Little Hunie. Huns turned into a little boy - my little babyface, babycakes is gone. I am a tad nostalgic for the baby but excited to see the newest facets of this one's personality continue to vibrantly emerge.

Poor Tings, though if I could see his face I know he would be smiling!
We escaped the heat and discovered how much fun the bowling alley can be with good friends - there was actually some bowling involved too!

Ring-around-the bowlling alley & arcade games that are so really much cooler then in my childhood!
  Our lovely lake at the start of summer:


and closing out the summer now....

No comments: