|
|
|
|
|
I wanted to have quiet time to enjoy the forests of rainbow leaves framed in my windows and I wanted to want rich butternut squash soup. And while autumn peeps in for a quick hello and kiss goodnight, summer, dear summer just isn't done with us.
We go through the patterns of pretending the fall season is upon us: planting chrysanthemums in gold, burgundy and orange colors, hanging wreaths on the doors and pulling out our warmer clothes & making piles of summer things to donate! Thus it kind of looks like Fall but feels like Summer, so in the spirit of looking like one thing and feeling like another we pretended to wash cars when really we just played around in the water. Our neighbors found it highly amusing that we all splashed around with our professional-looking tools for 15 minutes before remembering why we love having our cars cleaned!
| The boys opted out of hard labor quickly and instead just gave their father the quizzical looks above for attempting to rival Mr Clean's 4 Minute Deluxe Car Wash. |
We went on fall-ish adventures in sweltering heat with some of Tingu's BFFs:
My mom has too deeply ingrained the starving children of the world mentality in me to ever feel good about playing in food, but it was funny to watch the guys decide that 'doing the hokey-pokey' is the best way to get the corn kernels out of their pants!
I never would have guessed I'd love rural America as much as I do! I just wish I would have thought to buy some tomatoes from that place! I've been craving them ever since I read this post. Which I found after craving some more delicious pate de fruit that I got re-addicted to after visiting Auberge du Soleil.
Anyway, before my mind drifts off into a history of decadent summer meals, I'll refocus on my free-range kids running through a corn maize. I am getting hungrier as I type.
We bought some of these big 'ol pumpkins - perhaps some pumpkin bread is in my future...
A man after my own heart...
Ok, on that note, I'm going to go eat something wintery and good, even if it is 80 degrees outside! Perhaps there is a market for pumpkin ice cream?!
No comments:
Post a Comment