Sunday, May 9, 2010

The Runway

Stumble Twitter Digg This
A little red polo t-shirt with a horse is the love of Tingu’s life. The tears flow when this T-shirt cannot be worn. He wants to wear this shirt every day and every night. B and I in our (in)finite parent wisdom have been telling him that the other clothes, that practically spill out of his closet, feel bad that he doesn’t pay any attention to them. He is too smart to believe this but he kind of humors me and nods a bit.
Negotiating the polo shirt became part of a dreaded morning routine with little actual luck in convincing him to wear his other clothes without tears. Then suddenly one day, it all clicked together and Tings found the golden win-win. Wear the clothes I want and Mommy wants..all  together. The results are below.

The making of super hero costumes must be intrinsic to three year olds.

Tingu in his beloved t-shirt, dressing it down and dressing it up!

Once dressed, Tingu pretty much defends his clothing choices rather vehemently. Giving up on the myth of parental wisdom in respect to the first child, we indulge his fashion desires, let him wear what he wants and promptly take a picture and post it on the Internet!

Monday:
All my favorite things - safaris (I am going to AfRiCa when I am 14), Elmo backpack (filled with horses), fire shoes (Watch me run superfast, Mom), socks from his auntie - perhaps an inspiration for his newly selected favorite color. He notified me the other day that when he turns 4,  he will be switching favorite colors from red to orange as well as who he sits next to at lunch.

Tuesday:
Inspired by his other auntie, Tingu loves rain gear and hats!
Wednesday:
Wearing his dad's favorite hat. A tribute joke purchase quickly became a staple in both guys wardrobes! I don't know how in the world this fits him.

I was so proud of Tingu putting his clothes on himself until I noticed him walking away his his pants on backward.


For anyone who thinks he doesn't emulate his father, here you go, a flash-forward glimpse of Tingu in 20 years:
"Buy Low! Sell High! Now!Now!Now!...I know what I am talking about Nani!"


For now he was just going to school...seriously!

1 comment:

Kavita Ramesh Parekh said...

pants backward is hilarious!!! these are all hilarious! and he definitely does NOT get his big old head from you. definitely not.